Butternut Squash + Kale Soup
I absolutely adore Autumn; the way the breeze smells, the sound of fallen leaves crackling beneath your footsteps, the crisp air wandering through the windows.. and of course, squash. Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 TBS curry powder
- 2 TBS turmeric powder
- 4 cups butternut squash chopped
- 4 to 6 cups light vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- Handful of kale chopped
- Handful of chopped brussel sprouts
- Pepitas, sea salt + pepper to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Saute the onion, celery, brussels & garlic for 2 minutes. Slowly add in the veggie broth, coconut milk as well as the squash. Cover your pot and bring soup to a simmer.
- Allow the soup to simmer for roughly 30 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Once squash is cooked, divide your soup in half. Add half to your high speed blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend. Combine soup. Season with sea salt & pepper to taste. Add chopped kale and sprinkle on the pepitas. Enjoy!
- Serves 4.